On August 17, 2022, the National Medicines Directorate launched an informative video on the types of health registration status of pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, cosmetics, sanitary products and chemicals, through its virtual platforms, which is of the utmost importance to consider avoiding inconveniences in the regulatory and commercial processes of the product.
The types of sanitary registration status of products registered with the DNM are:
Active health registration:
- The product has a manufacturing and marketing authorization.
Suspended or inactive health registration:
- The registration of a product may be suspended, due to non-renewal and/or non-payment of its annuity.
- The authority can also suspend a registration due to the issuance of a health alert or an administrative procedure that has not been carried out.
- When the product is suspended, it cannot be marketed, imported or exported.
- Once the annuity or renewal is cancelled, the authority grants active status to the product again.
Sanitary registration canceled:
- The authority places the registration status canceled, when the holder does not make the payment of the product annuity or does not manage the renewal within the period of 6 months, after this scenario, the authorization of the product is lost since there is no way for the authority to activate it again, having to manage the registration of the health registry again, in case the product is to be marketed in El Salvador.
- Another reason for cancellation is the issuance of a Safety Alert or a Quality Alert.
- Upon request of the registrant.