CBSE Term 1 Exam 2022 | No answer key, same day evaluation | Alleged professional misconduct | Photo credit: Representative Image
- The CBSE Term 1 2022 exam rules have been revised for the remaining 12th articles regarding allegations of professional misconduct.
- CBSE response keys will no longer be released from now on and the board has decided to remove the assessment on the same day.
Central Council for Secondary Education, CBSE Term 1 2022 exam is underway for grades 10, 12 at various centers across the country. With few papers for the pupils of class 12, the Council published an important notice on cbse.gov.in, revising several rules for other documents. A major change among them is that CBSE has decided to remove the assessment on the same day starting today – December 16, 2021 and has stated that it will no longer publish CBSE response keys.
With such a big change introduced in the middle of the CBSE Term 1 Board exams, many are wondering why this decision was made. Although CBSE has not officially released any statement citing the reasons for the change, our sources have contacted us (on condition of anonymity) about what could be the reason for the change.
CBSE Term 1 Exams: Is Rampant Cheating A Call To Change The Rules?
Times Now has become aware of embezzlement at the school level, which has also been reported to the board of trustees, which is said to have prompted this action. According to rumors, it was found that schools allowed themselves to change student responses to OMR to actually tell students responses. It has also been alleged that the initial change in filling in OMR sheets i.e. using lowercase to uppercase was also most likely introduced as some teachers were trying to falsify the answers.
There are also reports where some schools resolve the issue before the exam starts and share the answers with the students. This is said to be the main reason why the board has postponed the release of the quiz from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. – when students are sitting in the exam center. However, there is no official confirmation from the Council and this information was only shared by sources.
The 2021-22 CBSE board exams mandated the centers to complete the marking of all documents on the same day as the exam. However, for unknown reasons, the official opinion of the CBSE on the exams of semester 1 read: “The practice of same-day assessment in the examination center is discontinued from 16.12.2021.”
CBSE Term 1 2022 Exam: Revised rules for the 12th remaining exams
- The CBSE will send the operation code to schools at 10:45 a.m. via email.
- The jury said that in the event that a student arrives late for the examining room, it is important that the candidate is searched properly. As this is part of the regulations, students in class 12 are advised to comply with them.
- If the CBSE 12th Board exams start late for any reason, students will be allowed extra time, equal to the time lost.
- Schools should ensure that questions are printed on time and that all arrangements are made to ensure that no delays are caused in the exam.
- After completing the CBSE Term 1 exams, center directors must package and seal the OMR sheets within 15 minutes. It is ideal that the observer be present when this is done.
- Once the papers have been wrapped, it is important to mention the closing time of the package and after that, it must be sent to the Regional Office of the CBSE concerned.
Read also | Answers to the 12th CBSE exams – Economics | Chemistry | Accounts | Psychology
The revised 2022 CBSE Term 1 board exam rules will apply to the 12th exams taking place from December 16 to 30, 2021. This time, CBSE has increased the number of exam centers to 14,000 for everyone’s safety.